Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Single Digits

We are officially down to single digits here....9 days to the due date. Crazy! It doesn't seem real yet.

I went to the doctors yesterday. They finally checked me. I was told I'm dilated at a "loose 1", but my cervix is 50% softened and the baby is so low that she could feel her head. I was a little surprised that I wasn't dilated more after the contractions I had, but I was very excited about the cervix thing--that is what counts more.

I am really hoping she comes early or at least on time...and it'd be nice if I wasn't in the hospital on Thanksgiving, I'd like to spend it with my other daughter and family. But, I'm going with the flow :)

As far as Ashley goes, we've had a fun couple of days. Yesterday Christi invited Ashley and I to join Eli, Katie and her parents to go to this fun art house. It's really cool--it's this house that they converted into an art shop--the house is painted with "artwork" on the inside and outside of the house. Inside they have different work stations set up with art activities. The cool part is that they encourage you to help yourself to the place and explore (the whole place is hands-on), have fun and not worry about making messes--if paint gets on the floors, walls, wherever, it's totally ok and even encouraged. It's a nice way to really get into it and get as messy as you want.
Ashley absolutely LOVED it!!! I've seen her have lots of fun doing different things, but I don't think she's ever been this engaged. We made a turkey with her hand tracing, she did bubble paint projects, and she painted like 3 paintings on an easel. We tried making a turkey out of cut out shapes, but Ashley wasn't too into that one.
Her favorite part though was dunking her hands in the water bucket, then walking over to a table and touching this decorative piece, and back. She probably did this at least half a dozen times. It was funny.
I loved watching her have so much fun. She's so cute sometimes she'll walk around with this half-dance strut thing...she was doing this the whole time as well.

Today Ashley went to "school" for the day--she is doing fantastic now. Each week they say she is doing better and better and really enjoying herself now. Her friends come up and greet her when we go in, she now waves and says "bye mommy", and now I have to almost drag her out rather than her wanting to get out of there as fast as she can. I'm so happy. Her teachers are great too. I used my free time to get some Christmas shopping done for the kids. I figure I won't have much time to do it after Emily is here, so I thought I'd take advantage. I'm really impressed, even with my physical limitations and caring for another child, I've still managed to get just about everything done that I wanted to before Emily came. Makes me feel more prepared for her arrival.

I'm also including pictures from over the weekend. We bought a kite and went to fly it in the park. Ashley was a little fussy since it was close to nap time, but all in all we had lots of fun.










Emily can come anytime now!

No comments:

Post a Comment