Friday, November 9, 2012

Now for an Ashley post

Mowing the lawn

 I know it's early, but Ashley ran right up to Santa and wanted to sit on his lap, so we had to get a few pics!



 Love this

First time on the big carousel

 Weee!!!

 Having fun with sidewalk chalk

 Ashley still loves her monkeys!

 She is sooo my child...she wanted to wear her hat and gloves around in the house :)

Here are some pictures from our November adventures. The top ones are from a playdate at the Wagner's house...Ashley was having fun mowing the lawn.

The next few are from last weekend. We drove an hour to NC to this Christmas Expo event that was going on. While there, Ashley spotted Santa Clause and ran right up to him! She wanted to sit on his lap and snuggle up with his soft coat. Haha. I think she was fascinated by him. She didn't want to get off, and had a lot to tell him :)
After that we went to track down the carousel (they don't have many down south for some reason). There is this place that has a train ride and a carousel. We did both and Ashley had a fun time riding on them. The poor girl actually got sick a little bit before going on them. She was fine up to that point, and right after again, so we thought maybe it was from the car ride or something she had eaten not sitting right. We gave it a few minutes before going on to see, didn't want to upset her stomach anymore but she was ok and wanted to go. Later that day she had a little diarrhea so it must have been a little stomach bug. She must take after her daddy--she doesn't get sick too often and when she does she's a good sport about it.

The other pics are just from fun around the house. Ashley loves to draw, so we got some sidewalk chalk. She had a blast with it. She loves to go outside, and asks to go out all the time. I love being down south because we can enjoy the extended fall weather.

Another cute thing I wanted to mention while I still remember is that when we are reading, she tries to grab things out of the book--i.e. if there is a picture of something she likes, she tries to "pull it out of" the book. Too cute. She identifies so many things in books and around her now.

She got over the hump at school--she goes 1 day a week so she can socialize and so mommy can have some me time as well (although these days they're mostly spent at doctor appointments). At first she'd cry and have a rough time, but now she's like "bye mommy", having great days playing and doing crafts. I'm glad she's having fun! I wanted her to have an outlet for when the baby comes, I know in the beginning we'll be moving a little slower than she's used to.

Speaking of the baby coming, I've been trying to savor the last of the time I have of just she and I. I know we will still have moments where she and I will have our own bonding time, but this is the last time it will ever be just her. I know I'll be juggling feedings and another baby's needs within a few weeks, so rather than rushing to put her to bed, we read a couple extra books, sing a couple songs (she loves twinkle twinkle little star at night while we look at her ladybug), get in a couple extra snuggles, etc. I am sad for this. It's funny how you can have mixed feelings--be so excited to meet a new baby and have them here, yet sad to lose your one on one time as well. I think that has been my biggest concern--not wanting to rush things along for Ashley, or push her into big girl mode too fast, and losing "her time" with me; while at the same time not wanting to miss out on special bonding moments with Emily either while she is growing and going through all the fun little baby stages because I'm chasing around after a toddler who has demands at times too. It'll be a journey finding a good balance. One thing I'm good at remembering is that there are lots of different "seasons", and the good and the bad is that nothing ever stays the same...so gotta just live in the moment and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment