Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just a quick little post...

Grandmom and grandpop are coming to town later today! Yay! We are looking forward to their visit, and really hoping Emily makes her debut while they are here. Since we will be busy visiting, I figured I'd take a moment to reflect since this may be the last chance I have to write for a little bit.


Before they get here today, I plan to do something fun with Ashley. I realized that if Emily does come while they are here, then this is the last official day where it is just Ashley and I at home. Life as we know it will be different soon.
First, I want to throw out a short list of my blessings since tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  Lots to be thankful for!!! 2012 has been quite a year!!! I have an incredible husband who I love more and more through the years, an amazing daughter, and we are about to welcome another baby girl into the world. I have wonderful friends and family... In addition we found out we'll be adding another 3 family members to our families...2 more babies (Cheryl and Billy are expecting a little girl, Alyssa, in January; and Andrew and Lauren are expecting a baby (gender unknown) at the end of May)... and now a future brother-in-law! Kristyn called last night to announce she just got engaged. Wow I can't keep up!!! There is also our health, our home, jobs, etc...I could go on and on. God has really blessed us, and I don't take any of it for granted. 
Matt wrote me a sweet e-mail yesterday from work, and I wanted to share part of it so that when Emily reads this someday, she will know how happy and excited her daddy was/is too.....
"Let me know how everything is going and especially how your Doctor visit goes. I hope you call me and have me meet at the hospital, haha.  If not, we are making eggplant tonight, lol."(There is this place that makes eggplant that has a reputation for naturally inducing labor for many women. Matt printed the recipe).


"I love you so much and I am really looking forward to meeting Emily and moving into this journey of life through the next step.  I couldn’t imagine life with out you by my side.  You make all these busy days at work worth it to me!!!"

We are both filled with anticipation at this point. I went to the doctor again yesterday and not a whole lot has changed--I dilated to a 2, everything else is the same. Emily must be holding out for her grandparents to get here. Haha.

Well gonna run and go enjoy my day with Ashley. Will update as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment