Sunday, October 7, 2012

My 32nd Birthday, and 33 Weeks!


Matt made my favorite homemade birthday cake and surprised me with flowers a few days prior


 Climbing Chimney Rock

 I am proud to say that at 33 weeks pregnant, I still managed to climb all the stairs to the top of Chimney Rock Mountain!

Beautiful view from the top
 Singing happy birthday!


Yesterday was my 32nd birthday, and I also happened to turn 33 weeks on the same day. I have to say, it was one of the best birthdays I've had. Since it fell on a Saturday, Matt was home from work and we could all be together as a family which was so nice. Matt had the place all decorated for me :) After breakfast we drove to NC to Chimney Rock State Park. We climbed the stairs to the top of the mountain. I was real proud of myself, being 33 weeks pregnant and having the pregnancy issues I've got, to be able to climb to the top! Granted I had to stop a few times since I was winded, but I took it slow and steady and did it!
Afterward we visited the little town, it was real quaint. It kind of reminded me of Lake George, NY, but on a smaller scale with little souvenir shops and restaurants. We visited some shops and ate at a restaurant that overlooked the water. It was really nice. I remember sitting there during lunch, thinking about how lucky I am. I have a wonderful husband, an amazing daughter, and another one on the way. We are happy and healthy, and life is good. I just felt very blessed.
We drove home and relaxed for a little bit, then Matt took Ashley to pick up groceries while I walked the dog and made some return phone calls to people who called to wish me a Happy Birthday. For dinner, Matt made me lobster which I hadn't had in forever---yum! Then he topped it off by singing Happy Birthday with Ashley. So cute!
To finish off the nice day, the restaurant down the street happened to sets off fireworks right when I was reading to Ashley to put her to bed.  Ashley and I were able to watch them from her bedroom window. It was like we had our own private show. She was fascinated by them which made them even more fun to watch. She'd even say "woah" or "ooh"  :)

I also turned 33 weeks pregnant. Despite my griping about the discomfort and issues I've had, I am just so happy and grateful that the baby is doing well and healthy. Can't believe we're down to 7 weeks....crazy!
Grandmom sent me the rest of the nursery stuff in the mail in time for my birthday! Yay! So Emily's room is just about set up, I just need to put up some last minute touches and clean out the clutter (it's filled with carsteats, baby stuff, toys, etc). Once it looks like a room, I will post pics of the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment