Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ashley's First Haircut!

On Monday, 10/22, I took Ashley for her first haircut! I have been putting it off for forever. Initially I planned to just let her hair and bangs grow out, but Ashley's not a huge fan of bows or clips. She recently has gotten better about leaving them in her hair, but still doesn't love them. Without anything in it, we'd have to constantly push her hair to the side to keep her bangs out of her eyes.
I also prolonged it because usually once you get the first haircut, you lose that "baby look", and I was sad about that. Lol. She also had an adorable curl/curls (depending on her hair that day) in the back, and I love it and didn't want to chop it off.
But, I decided to stop putting off the inevitable and get it cut.

I took Ashley to a place called Snip It's, which is geared for children. The place has toys and is decorated really cool to make it a fun atmosphere for kids. Also, the first haircut is free, so that was a nice bonus as well :)

Ashley did a great job! When she got in the chair, she was a little nervous at first I think (or maybe she just wanted down, which is also common for her these days when she's sitting in a chair). But then she warmed up to it and did fine. There were no tears--from either of us. Haha.
The girl cutting her hair was named Ashley as well.

After her haircut she got to pick out a clip, which of course she picked out a butterfly since she's fascinated with them. She also won a prize--her very own bracelet.

It was a fun experience. AND I did save the locks of her little curls in the back for the baby book.
Anyway, here are some before and after shots of that day.
















I actually love the way it turned out, and now I wish I had done it sooner. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment