Saturday, September 29, 2012

9/29/12-- 32 Weeks and Emily's Baby "Sprinkle"



Today was a big day. I am now 32 weeks pregnant, and we also had Emily's Baby "Sprinkle" (a mini baby shower that you have for baby #2). It was a really nice time! My good friend Beth Pistolis threw the "sprinkle"at her house. She's been so great--loaning us baby furniture, making adorable letters for Emily's room as a gift, and now a shower!

Most of my good friends from here were able to come: Beth P., Leah H., Christi W., Moira H., Laura and Norah B., Carolyn P., and new friend Leann B.We had a nice time enjoying some yummy (and adorable) goodies, got to chat and catch up some, and opened gifts. My mother-in-law also had some surprises up her sleeve ;) Along with the baby bedding, she had also rushed and finished Emily's curtains and changing pad cover in time for the sprinkle and sent it to Beth's house. She and Bruce also surprised us with a baby rocker (glider). It was so generous and special to have "one of a kind" stuff for Emily's room. 






























A little update on Ashley as well. She has been going through a rough phase. She has been in major "mommy mode", where she has been whiney and very clingy with me and also seems to only want mommy. Even when "dada" has her, she still reaches for me and cries.
I'm not sure if it's just part of a normal phase (since I know kids can go through this), if it's a result of starting school up 1x/week--(she had a hard time the first two weeks, but seems to be doing much better now), or if it's because she senses change with the baby coming. She definitely understands the whole baby thing now. There's been a lot of change with switching rooms, bringing out some of the baby things, seeing my belly grow, talk about baby Emily, etc. A lot of it she seems to enjoy though--she has been having fun going into Emily's room and playing with the baby seat, carseat, old baby toys, etc.
Well whatever it is, I hope it's short lived. I hate seeing her get so upset. Other than that she's doing great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment