Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a really fun weekend. We took a trip to visit our good friends Jen, Jim, Lily and Emma Lastinger at their (new) house in Waycross GA. We didn't realize at the time when we planned the trip that it was Mother's Day that Sunday, but it worked out nice. We got there Friday evening and spent the time hanging out and catching up. Saturday Matt, Jim and one of his friends went to the Player's Golf Championship in FL for the day. Jen and I stayed home and played with the kids--went for a walk, to the park, played on the playset and water table, and played with lots of toys around the house. Jen and I also got to enjoy our talks while the girls napped. Sunday (Mother's Day), Ashley woke up bright and early. Since we were the first ones up we were able to have some private time to open my Mother's Day cards, and then I got my gift when I got home--Matt had brought Ashley to the pottery place and had a frame made with her handprints. Such a special gift that I'll treasure over the years. Anyway, after cards Jim made us homemade waffles. Later Jen and I went for an early lunch so that she and I could get some mommy time together. It was nice being able to do that. Then we made the trip back home. Boo.
















Here are some pics from the trip and Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment