Friday, May 18, 2012

Bummed

Well, I am bummed. Today was the big debut of the movie What to Expect While You're Expecting that Ashley and I were extras in. I've been anxiously awaiting it for months now, and was soooo excited to go see it. Well, apparently we didn't make the cut. The scene we filmed was still in it, but it cut out before the camera even got to us. I knew we were in the background, and expected it to only show us for a second or two--maybe even be a blur in the back, but I didn't think we'd totally be cut out :(  Oh well. It was still fun to do, and I've got the pay stub as evidence. Haha.
Even though we didn't make it, we got to see the little boy who we met. There were actually twins, but they only used one for the movie. He was one of the main "stars" too so that was neat. And we saw the nasty looking fake cat that we had played with that they used for a scene. So that was neat. And even though I am mad that we weren't in it after all, it was still a cute movie.
It was also neat watching the movie being pregnant. Elizabeth Banks (the one we met) had a pretty rough pregnancy, and this time around I could def relate to her some since I've felt crummy up to this point; but then I could also relate to Jennifer Lopez's character who couldn't have kids, wanted them so badly, and would give anything to be a mother. There was a time not too long ago that I thought that might be me, so it was just a good reminder of where I once was and where I am now, and that even though 1st trimester hasn't been easy, it's still such a blessing and miracle that I shouldn't take for granted. Also seeing all the newborns born at the end took me back to Ashley's birth which got me choked up, and had me excited for our new addition to arrive later!


No comments:

Post a Comment