Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ashley update

I realize I haven't had an actual Ashley update in a while. Some of this is old news, but first time I'm writing.
First, Ashley is REALLY getting around now. She is practically running everywhere. And as I suspected, she barely ever falls. Her latest thing is carrying things all around the house from different rooms.

She also started walking up to the key holder. She will point to the keys and/or flashlight. Sometimes I'll give her our bulky spare set of keys to walk around with and play. Well, one day she pointed to the keys as usual, so I gave her the set. She then goes to the door and points and says "bye bye". She was letting me know that she wanted to go somewhere. Haha.

She is also fascinated with bubbles. She would have Matt and I sit and blow bubbles for hours if she could. A lot of times she likes to sit on my lap and try to blow them herself.

She has also started this thing where she rolls her eyes to the top of her head and makes a hysterical face. It cracks me up every time. She also will make this hysterical cheese-ball grin sometimes.

She is also saying a lot of words. She will copy almost any word we ask her to say. Most of them actually sound pretty accurate too. She can even say words like blueberry, strawberry, etc. She also recognizes a lot of objects in her books or around the house now.

She also has been making cute animal noises. She likes to "growl like a lion".

She also loves to sing and dance. Her favorite song that she requests over and over is "the itsy bitsy spider". She also waves her hands up in the air to music when we're in the car.

I may have already written about this one, but she loves pointing to different body parts. She loves lifting up our shirt and pointing to our belly buttons--and sticking her finger into it. Haha. We were at a playdate with Eli and Katie Wagner, and she kept pointing at Katie's ear and trying to stick her finger in it.

Ashley also says "thank you" a lot. I think she actually grasps the concept of what it means too. Not only does she say thank you when we give her things, but when she sneezes I'll say "God bless you", and she'll respond with thank you. So cute and makes me so proud.

Well I am sure there is more but that's all I can think of for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment