Thursday, May 17, 2012

12 Week Ultrasound

Today I went for my 12 week ultrasound (at 12w, 5 d). It went really well. This ultrasound always makes things feel more real, and makes you fall even more in love with your little baby. It is so cool and exciting at the 6 week one, but with this one the baby has grown, actually looks like a baby, and is moving. Everything looked great, thank you God. My blood pressure was 104/70 and my weight is right on track. The baby's heart rate was 158. There is the old wives tale that if the heart rate is higher, it's a girl; if it's lower, it's a boy. Don't think there's any truth to that, but it did seem to be true with Ashley. When I went for her 12 week appointment it was 162...This one is only slightly lower, but it's kind of "on the fence" and could go either way. We will be happy and blessed whether we have a girl or a boy. Although I am guessing it's a boy this time.



Here are some pics of our sweet baby. In one picture the baby had his or her hand on her forehead. It was too cute.

Also, we are narrowing down the name list I think. For girls, I think we have narrowed it down to either Emily or Hannah. I like Emily more, and Matt likes Hannah more since he doesn't want two girls ending in "y". For boys, I think we are looking at Jacob, Landon, Cameron, and we've also added the name Jackson to the list of possibilities. It's been hard trying to agree this time. Think we may have to pull the name out of a hat. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment