Saturday, April 28, 2012

4/28/12: 10 Weeks!

So today I am 10 weeks pregnant...1/4 of the way there already! It's going really fast! When I was pregnant with Ashley, we didn't have any "distractions" so it seemed to drag. But now chasing after a little one keeps me pretty busy, so the time goes by a little quicker. I am (finally) starting to feel a little better...instead of feeling nauseas and exhausted ALL the time, it's now only about 50% of the time. And in the next few weeks it should continue to improve thank goodness.

I am already having some cravings. I crave fast food/rich foods a lot--I try to eat it in a moderate balance. I also find myself craving candy as I did with Ashley, but I am trying to keep that limited since I had gestational diabetes last time (but still have a tiny bit here and there). But in general, my eating habits are probably better this time around. I ate well with Ashley and was conscious about getting a variety of things I needed, but this time I do def eat more fresh fruits and veggies since I make a lot of stuff for Ashley. On the down side, I am a little more lax with some things like caffeine. With Ashley, I had completely weened off of it before I even got pregnant. This time, I decided to wait until I found out I was pregnant to ween off. And I did, however I have had a couple cups of coffee and a few caffeinated sodas. The pediatrician said you're allowed to have a certain amount a day, so I figure a little here and there is ok. I am just SOOO tired and need a little boost some days to function as I need.

Since I am starting to feel more human, we made a small trip to Wilmington, NC last weekend. Matt's friend, Mike, had a baby 8 months ago, and we still hadn't met him yet so figured it was time! We had a nice time. Holden (the baby) was such a cutie! It was funny trying to schedule anything around the kids though. Ashley is down to one nap mid day, but Holden is still on a 3 nap schedule, so it made it challenging. One day we went to the beach, but we didn't end up getting there until after 3, and then we were only able to stay about an hour because it was about to rain.

The next day before we left we went to the Wilmington Aquarium. It was small but very cute. Perfect size for two little ones. It was funny, there was someone dressed as a shark, and Ashley absolutely LOVED it! When she saw the Easter Bunny, she could take or leave him, but a big "scary" shark she was in love with. She kept hugging and patting him, and reaching for his teeth. Lol. Cracked us up.

Ashley is really walking a lot these days. I was right--I had said that I had a feeling that Ashley was waiting until she had perfected the task before she really took off, and she has. Some babies start walking early, but are constantly falling in the beginning. Ashley waited a little bit, however she didn't seem overly cautious or nervous. I think she was just waiting till she had it down. Now that she's walking she's only had a few rare falls, but does great overall. And she is getting really fast already too.

Her vocabulary has really picked up a lot too. She tries to copy almost every word we say. A lot of them sound pretty accurate too. She also points to and recognizes a lot of things in her books. We'll ask her, "where's such and such?" and she'll point to it.

She is also fascinated with body parts--ours now. When Matt is laying on the floor, she loves to lift up his shirt and point to his belly button. Or she'll point to our nose or mouth. If you ask her where her ____ body part is, she will point to it.

In the past week, she has changed her waking up routine. In the past she would play happily and occupy herself in the crib for a few minutes before I came in. Now she wakes up and immediately starts to scream. The first day it scared me because it sounded like she was hurt. Thankfully we have the video monitor so that I could see she was ok.











Well that's about all I can think of. Here's a few pics from the trip last weekend. They are backwards...The blog just changed it's settings--before you had to start with the last ones first, then work your way to the beginning. Apparently now they're loading in the correct order, but I don't want to go and redo it. Lol. So the bottom pic is the beginning of the trip up to the top which is last. Sorry for the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment