Saturday, April 14, 2012

More updates

So, Ashley has been taking more steps on her own. She has been walking around the whole length of a room. Yay!

She also has been saying her own name. I have her name hanging above her crib, and it's also on her chair. Sometimes she'll point to it, and I'll spell it out saying, "A S H L E Y, Ashley" and she repeats it. It sounds more like aah-lee. I think I mentioned she also has been saying "thank you".

She also recognizes objects in her book. We have a few of those "baby's first words" books with lots of diff items, and when you ask her where such and such is, she will point to it. She is such a smart little girl!

Also, as far as baby news, I am 8 weeks pregnant today! Yay!!! I am not wanting to rush things, but I am soooo looking forward to moving into 2nd trimester. This nausea and fatigue is kicking my behind!

When we were pregnant with Ashley, we had names picked out early on. We just agreed on it right away. This time around, daddy is dragging his feet. Lol. I have a list of names that I like, but we haven't decided yet.
Girls names I like:
My favorite was Caylee/Cayleigh, but Matt shot that one down :(
so my other favorites are:
Emily
Emma
Hannah
Reagan?
Taylor?
Addison?
Megan?
Morgan?
Caroline?

Boys names I like:
We originally had picked out Jacob, but since it's such a popular name, Matt's not sure if he wants to use it anymore...but there's:
Jacob
Christian (which Matt shot down too)
Justin (Matt doesn't like that either)
Adam
Landon
Holden
Colin/Collin
Christopher
Carter
Parker?
Grant?
Cameron ?

So as you can see, we still have lots of narrowing down to do. Then once we pick a name we still need to figure out a middle name...sigh...
Although this is the fun part :)

Feel free to leave your vote in the comment section. We could use help. Haha

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!

    I like Morgan and Caroline for the girls. And Jacob and Adam for the boys.
    I have a tip for choosing a name if you get down to a few and can't decide which one to go with. Look up the name meaning and choose the one that means the most to you. Simple advice, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I like that suggestion too!

    ReplyDelete