Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The News Is Out.....





Well, the news is officially out....Ashley is going to be a big sister. We are expecting another baby!!! Yay!!!

We found out on Sunday, March 18th. Matt and I both suspected that I was pregnant. I was feeling symptoms pretty early this time. I was very tired and took a couple of naps during the day which I haven't done since Ashley was a newborn, my smells were heightened, and I was cranky/irritable which I usually never am. Although I could play devil's advocate--our mattress is going, and both Matt and I hadn't been sleeping well and were waking up with back pain, which could be the reason I was tired. And with the heightened smells, I first noticed when I went to the gym with my friend Christi, and well, I was at the gym....And the crankiness comes from lack of sleep...so I wasn't completely sure.

I took an early pregnancy test on March 12th, which was my grandmother's birthday. I thought that would be a nice day to find out good news. However, it was a little too early and the test came back negative. I was a little surprised and a little disappointed, but I didn't rule it out since it was still early.

Then we went on the trip for Nicole's wedding. On the ride back I said something to Matt, and he joked and said "you better take a pregnancy test, you are bossy". Lol. So shortly after getting in that night I took one and it came back positive. I showed it to him and said, "this explains it!" Lol.

Matt and I are both very happy and excited. I am a little nervous having kids so close together...I originally wanted to spread them apart a little more like my sisters and I are, and Matt wanted them real close like he and his brother are, so it's a good compromise. With my past issues and endometreosis, we didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to have another baby. So we will be very happy to welcome baby Shohen into the family sometime around November 24, 2012.

This time around, pregnancy has been a little rougher. With Ashley, I remember occasionally being tired, and getting nauseous whenever I'd brush my teeth, but this time around it's 24/7 for both. It's challenging feeling so crummy and chasing after an active toddler, but I'm managing. Naps are a must!

We went today for our first ultrasound at 6 weeks, 3 days and everything looked great with the baby. We even got to see his or her heart beating. So cool! We figured since everything looked ok, we would let people know since some people knew we were trying and were asking questions :)

Will keep you posted along the journey....

2 comments: