Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quick Update

Just a real quick writing post....

First, Emily has been adorable. She's really a pro at walking already. Each day she gets better and better. She gets around real quick, she hardly falls, she's climbing up on things and into things. Her latest thing is pulling out all the cereal boxes in the pantry and sitting on the shelf. Lol. Other times she'll carry the cereal boxes (or other large items) around the house.

Her new thing is to point to the stove and/or fireplace and say "hot, hot".

She has several teeth coming in but has been a sport about it, and is back to eating better.

Ashley has been cute too. She just loves loves loves to play dress up and make believe. It's so much fun. She is also quite impressionable. This is kind of funny/gross/embarrassing, but the other day she went to kiss me and closed her eyes and tilted her head (almost like a make-out kiss). It took me by surprise, but I kept my cool. I just non shallantly asked where she learned that, and she said from the Little Mermaid when Ariel kisses Eric. So again I casually explained how Ariel and Eric sometimes kiss like that because they were married, but mommies and daughters kiss a little differently on the cheek. It made me chuckle to myself though.
The other day she also said something that made me kind of sad. Working with Eating Disorders, I am sensitive to messages and try not to comment on appearance stuff. Occasionally if I do, it'll be something like "you are beautiful on the inside and the outside", and more like "you're so special because of ____ qualities". Well the other day she wanted to wear her flower clip in her hair, and she turned and looked at me and asked me "now do I look beautiful mama?" The way she asked me, seeking my validation, just broke my heart. Silly Disney movies...grr....but I don't want to deprive her of them completely since she does enjoy them.

Here are some of Ashley's favorites:
Color: green  (reported by her)
Cereal: Lucky Charms
Lunch: Peanut butter and nutella (we call it chocolate)
Movie: Ariel (Little Mermaid)
Song: ABC's or Itsy Bitsy Spider
Toy: Dress up stuff



No comments:

Post a Comment