Saturday, January 4, 2014

Final post to catch up...Ashley is 3!!!!

Sooooo I feel like I just posted that Emily turned one (perhaps it's because I was so behind in stating it!!! Haha). But I am playing catch up tonight while I can, so figured I'd post one more. Our daughter Ashley turned 3. I CANNOT believe that. I feel like she was just born, then fast forwarded to her first birthday. The fact that she is now three is hard to fathom. She is such an amazing girl too! She is so smart, kind, gentle, inquisitive, fun and loving! I am so incredibly proud of both of my girls, and watching the people they are growing into.

Anyway, after such a major fiasco for Emily's first birthday, followed by a hectic (yet fun) December and Christmas season, we opted to do a small, intimate birthday party for Ashley this year with immediate family and her closest neighborhood friend, Amanda and her family (who also happens to be my closest new friend from the area). It was really nice! Ashley has been into The Little Mermaid, wanting to watch the movies (part 1 and 2), as well as dress up in her new Mermaid costume from Aunt Kristyn and Uncle Brian, and we are always playing Mermaid, where she designates assignments to all of us--Ursula the octopus, Flounder, Sebastian and even King Triton. Haha.

We started off with the birthday wishes and singing, to surprise decorations, to opening her new gift (a special Little Mermaid doll and wagon for both girls), to a special birthday breakfast (which was only Lucky Charms, but that was by request since Ashley absolutely loves the cereal). Then Ashley helped us decorate the rest of the place. We had a small birthday party with Grandmom, grand pop, Uncle Andrew, cousin Ben (Aunt Lauren was out of town), grandpa, and her (norther BFF) Amanda (as well as Rachel, Clint and baby Matthew). It was nice--we had pizza, cake, goodies, opened gifts and did lots of playing. Ashley had a great time, as did we! Anyway, here are some highlights from such a special day, then I am going to BED!!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment