Monday, May 6, 2013

On a less depressing note...

On a less depressing note than the last post, I figured I'd update on some fun and joy in life....time with the family.

On Saturday Matt and I took the girls to Hollywild one last time. That was on my bucket list of places I'd like to visit one last time. I didn't know if it was going to happen since it's been sooooo rainy and cold lately--another thing I am incredibly bitter about. We are in SC for one last spring. Usually by now the weather is in the 80s, sunny and gorgeous all the time. But the last spring I will be down here for has been unusually cold and wet. Grr! But anyway, no more negativity.

So we went to Hollywild. It was chilly so we had to bundle up, but it was worth it. We had lots of fun petting and feeding animals, going on a safari ride, etc.

As far as Ashley goes, she is just a bundle of joy and fun as usual. My girls laughter and smiles are what are getting me through this hard move. They just brighten my day and bring out the good in life. Ashley is making a lot more sense with her longer sentences now, she ca










n count, she loves to sing and dance--she loves to sing and dance in a circle to "Frosty the Snowman". Lol. It's Christmas all year long around here.

She has been having fun playing in boxes/using them as forts. She has an adventure discovering what is out/being packed up. She has fun splashing and playing in puddles. She will spot an ant crawling and try to catch it and play with it. Lol. We play games in the car where we say "oh no, oh no, hold on tight!!!" Everything is just so fun.

Emily is also pure joy and fun. She has thankfully gotten back to normal with sleeping flat on her back--hallelujah!!! It was rough! I am so glad for her, and for me. Lol. She is growing up so fast. Even Jen and Jim said how much she's grown, and so much less of an "infant" in just the last 3-4 weeks since they were here visiting.
She loves to sit in her seat and make it bounce, she loves moving objects to her face and mouth, she tries to eat everything and everyone...Haha. She is starting to sit up (with assistance) pretty sturdy, she is alert and interested in everything, even to the point where it's difficult to feed her with others in the room because she wants to see what is going on (which there has obviously been a lot with all the packing).

She also makes these funny grunts and yells/squeals now. They're funny. She also started making this fake cry right before eating. And she has learned to arch herself backward a little at times. She LOVES watching Ashley and laughing at things that she does. She is just a cutie pie.

I thank God every day for my husband and kids. I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment