Friday, May 10, 2013

Just a quick note...

I have a moment of silence (the first in a few days). I should be packing, but I am taking one last opportunity to sit and reflect before the move...

Tomorrow is the big day. Hard to believe it's here already. Part of me still thinks I am coming back.

We've been mega mega mega busy finishing up the packing, along with trying to cram in visits with our friends before we have to leave them.
We had a nice last dinner at our very dear friends, Matt and Christi Wagners house. We will miss them so much. They really have changed us by knowing them. Ashley will miss them to, as Eli and Katie are her best friends and she's always talking about them.
We also did dinner with our friends Laura and Tim, and hope to see them and the boys one last time tomorrow before we go.

We also have such wonderful neighbors. Teresa and Sandy brought by lunch today, so that was a nice treat. We left with tears too--Sandy lost her only son a few years back, and at the time I wrote her a few notes and shared some poems I had read about losing a child with her. She broke down crying saying how I am such a kind wonderful person whose words left a lasting impression on her. That meant so much to me to hear, and needless to say we were all choked up.

It's amazing how God uses people to impact lives--I am happy to know I have touched some lives and made imprints in hearts, just as I have been touched and changed. I am so grateful for our time here.

Well...on to packing....and on to our next step in the journey.

I will miss you Greenville, and all the wonderful friends we've made along the way. Love you all!!!














































No comments:

Post a Comment