Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recent pics






N













Now that I've gotten caught up on pics and updates, my goal is to try to keep up with them as I go so I don't get backed up. I also enjoy writing and sharing what's going on in our lives. I hope to make these books for the girls so they can read about their journey.

Here are pics from the last two days. The first were from some fun bonding time with Emily. We were hanging out and I was enjoying watching her sweet faces--smiles, coos, yawns and blowing bubbles. So cute!

The next few pictures are from today. Ashley is 2, and Emily is a day shy of 7 weeks old, with daddy. I know I am the one who does all the blogging, and most of it's about my feelings, but I can say that daddy loves his girls so much too. We both feel blessed with two amazing children, and I also feel so blessed and thankful that those children have such an incredible daddy! I always knew he'd be a great dad, but sometimes he even exceeds my hopes.

The next few pics are from Ashley and Emily together. In my last post I had written about how prior to having Emily, I was concerned about gipping either of them out of their times as babies with having kids so close together in age. However, I think the opposite is true. I think having Emily has really enhanced Ashley's life. We have made a point of allowing her to be where she's supposed to be developmentally without pushing her to grow up. She doesn't get quite as much individual attention as she did before (although we both try our hardest to give as much as we can and still have special one on one times with both of them), but she has gained a sister that she already loves and enjoys so much. She absolutely loves her: kissing and hugging her, helping her, spending time with her, etc. They are already great sisters and friends, and that will just continue to grow over time. It's evident how much Ashley loves having Emily in her life.
And as for Emily, my only complaint is that I can't hold her and savor this special time as much as I'd love to. I am so sad that the past 7 weeks have flown as quickly as they have already since I love all this. BUT, that is just what happens with two kids regardless of the age difference. And in a way, having them closer is better for Emily too I think--as kids get older they have more set structured activities and schedules, and we'd have to be more on the go. Although we do lots of fun things with Ashley, she doesn't have official classes or a schedule to have to follow other than her "school" one day a week. And that actually allows some individual time with Emily so it works in her favor.

Anyway, the other pictures are from Ashley's 2 year doctor check up today. She had fun wearing her "santa coat"as she calls it. Her appointment went well...Ashley is doing great and right on track (or even ahead of the game) in all the areas. She was 48% for her weight, and like 83% for her height--they predict she'll be about the same height as me when she's done growing. She did a great job with shots, and was proud to show off her cool bandaids afterward.

Well, hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment