Friday, January 25, 2013

Privacy Please

I had to share some cute little updates. The first one is about Ashley, and obviously has to do with the post name...
She has been cracking me up lately. She is giving me some insight on how she will be as a teenager. Lately she has been wanting her own personal space (even when I'm not even bothering her). For instance, one day we were upstairs. I was taking care of a couple things in my room, and she was playing in her room. I was listening for her, and would come peek in on her from time to time. Well apparently I was getting in her personal space, so she said "bye bye mommy", and shut her door on me. Haha. She's done that kind of thing a few times. I think it's cute and funny, but in all seriousness it's a great developmental sign that she can not only entertain herself, but is wanting some independence/separation and setting healthy boundaries. Luckily at other times she is VERY loving and adoring, and full of hugs and kisses for her mommy and daddy (and baby). That reminds me of a teenager too--wanting separation and independence, yet still needing love and reassurance from parents (although they are a lot less obvious about showing it...haha).
Another thing that really cracks me up is her nap times....If it's any insight of how it'll be getting her out of bed for school as a teenager, I'm going to be in trouble. As of now, she always wakes up happy and gets up easily in the mornings. Naps however can be a different story. It's a 50/50 shot that she'll either wake up happy and content, or cranky and still seeming tired. When she wakes up cranky, I usually give her a few minutes to wake up and adjust before even bothering her. Well occasionally, even after giving her some time to get acclimated, she will still be very tired. So I'll come in and ask her if she's still tired. She actually will tell me yes. So I'll say, "do you want mommy to leave and give you a few more minutes?" and she will say yes.
There has even been once or twice recently where she had gotten up. She was miserable, and a few minutes after being up, she threw her sippy cup and her blanket back into her crib, and asked for me to put her back in the crib. She then asked me to turn off her light and put her fan back in, then said "bye bye mommy". So funny, but again good that she recognizes what she needs.
  She has also been having fun playing make believe, dressing up in her tutu and other things, wearing her princess crown, etc.
  Lastly, she has been cracking me up at night. We say prayers each night, and I always ask Ashley what we should thank God for that day. Multiple times she has said "eagles" (for daddy's football team....can we say brainwashed???). Last night though she actually said "baby". She sooo loves her baby sister, and sometimes she's the first thing she asks for when she gets up. So cute!

As far as Emily's latest, she recently found her hand and tries to suck it. I'm hoping we don't have a thumb sucker on our hands, that is a hard habit to break. She also loves to stretch and kick, and can hold her head up nice and strong (although she hates tummy time).
She also LOVES bath time. I remember Ashley had screamed and cried the first time she got a bath, but Emily absolutely loved being in the water, and continues to enjoy it!
She continues to smile, coo, and talk to you. She has lots to say, it's so adorable!


















That's about it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment