Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Coming together

Emily's room is starting to come together!

Over the weekend Matt and I worked hard on Emily's furniture. Our good friends Beth and Peter  loaned us their baby furniture (a long term loan for the next few years). Their parents had bought the set for them, but now that their daughter Ana is getting older they decided to have her share a room with Eve and got her different furniture to go in there.
The nursery furniture is actually a high end, really beautiful set. The only issue with it was that after 2 kids using it, it had a lot of bite/chew marks all along the railings of the crib. So Matt and I worked hard to sand the railings down, stain it, and then put a layer of clear coat on. I must say, it came out pretty good. It still has some imperfections when you look real close, but all in all it looks real nice.
I still wish we could have bought her new furniture to be fair. I also really wanted to do a white furniture set this time, as it would have gone better with the bedding set and wall color. But as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. Again, it's one of the sacrifices we chose by me being home most of the time. I feel that my time, love, one-on-one attention and teachings are more important than things. Plus eventually Beth and Peter are going to need their set back, and at that point we can get Emily a new set. And now that we fixed the damages, it really is a nice set.

Also speaking of the bedding, aside from the bumper I quickly ordered when I finally found one, grandmom (and grandpop) were really sweet and bought the rest of the bedding/matching accessories for Emily's room.  I felt bad because apparently she was going to order it all and surprise me with it, but then when the whole bumper fiasco happened the surprise plan got messed up. But surprise or not, it was so thoughtful and generous! I have to wait until the "sprinkle" (mini shower) next month before opening and setting up though. It's going to be tough waiting! Lol.

Grandma also bought Emily this really adorable wall decal that I love as well. Now that we've got the furniture done and set up I can figure out where to put it.

I can't wait to see it all come together!!! Yay! It just makes it all seem more real.

Also, on Saturday I turned 26 weeks....On the baby countdown I noticed we are now out of the triple digits, and only 98 days left at that point. Wow! It is flying.






Anyway, here are a couple of sneak pics of the furniture along with a pic of a couple cute outfits grandma sent Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment