Saturday, March 10, 2012

The latest








Just a couple things to report. I think Ashley is (really) getting close to walking now. The past few days she has taken a few steps. She will walk toward me, and sometimes she will walk from me to something. Yay!

She is also talking up a storm. She says a bunch of words, couple two-word sentences, and babbles a whole lot. She is going to have a lot to say when she's older. Haha. She also understands a lot of what we say. The funny part is that now she is also picking up on our responses. When she hears Matt and I laughing about something, she laughs too. It's cute.

We have also officially transitioned down to one nap now. For the past week, Ashley has stayed up longer before her morning nap--she used to wake up around 8 and go down at about 11:15 ish. Now she has been waking up earlier (closer to 7--boo), and has been staying up until almost noon. So by the time she wakes up, she's not tired for the afternoon nap. I don't mind doing one nap a day, I just wish she wasn't waking up earlier all of a sudden. But I can't complain, I am very lucky compared to other babies/toddlers I know. And luckily tonight we move our clocks ahead an hour, so when she wakes up at 7, it will now be 8 again :)

Ashley has been intrigued with body parts. She loves to point to our nose, ears, her belly button, etc.

After shoving a huge banana in her mouth, I decided to try other foods whole (as long as they're not too big) and she has done great.

I am happy to report that for the most part, she seems to be past the screaming temper tantrum thing that she picked up (thankfully). It's funny how she picks things up. Last Sunday she was in the church nursery, and after being home for no more than 5-10 minutes she starts sucking her thumb. Ashley has never been a thumb sucker, and wasn't even a huge fan of a pacifier. She must have observed another baby doing it there. Luckily that one was short lived too, although I have seen her do it once or twice since.
Typically when she wants to self sooth, she puts her arm up to her lips and does this sucking motion on her arm. It's cute and funny all at once. She had a different babysitter come watch her last week while Matt had work at Hockey game, and I had a random work dinner to attend, and the sitter was like "I think her lips were hurting her or something, she kept covering them". Haha. Another reason I stay home with her, no one knows you like your momma :)

She has also been making this HUGE cheesy grin lately. It is adorable! She loves to wave hi to lots of people and animals, and when people say hi back or give her extra attention, she eats it up and gives them this huge smile. So cute!!

Well that's all I can think of for now. Here are are couple pics from this last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment