Saturday, March 3, 2012

1 Day shy of 14 months...


Well, tomorrow Ashley turns 14 months old. Crazy! Figured I'd give a quick update.

Hmm...what to start with???

Well, get the not so good part out of the way first. So Ashley saw this baby have a meltdown/temper tantrum the other day. She didn't seem too affected by it at the time, but she has decided to pick up the behavior. The past few days when she is upset about something--i.e. she doesn't want to lay still for a diaper change, or doesn't want to go to bed, she screams bloody murder. Not cool. Tonight I put her to bed without our usual bedtime and prayers because she was having a fit. Hope this phase doesn't last long.

On a good note, Ashley has been doing some real cute things. Last time I blogged, I forgot to update about Ashley's adorable "oooohhhs and ahhhs" she's been doing. She sucks in her breath and says oooohhh when she points to things that she likes, or if she does something she is proud of. It cracks me up.

Another cute thing, she has started to cross her legs (when she does choose to lay nicely) for a diaper change). It's so funny. I took a pic of it finally.

Ashley has also been enjoying her bananas. She has always loved them. In the past I would cut it up for her, but I decided to let her try a whole one. She shoved the whole thing in her mouth. Lol.

I also started something with Ashley today. I give her tons of love and positive affirmations all the time, but I was watching the movie The Help last night, and the nanny would tell the little girl each morning, "you are kind, you are smart, and you are important". I was touched by that, and I think every person needs to hear it, so I have decided to start that daily routine with Ashley when she first wakes up.

I always feel like there's more, but then I can never think of them when I'm posting on here. Will update more another day.

2 comments: