Friday, February 3, 2012

SOOOO Cute

The reason I chose this title is because Ashley has been doing something real cute. We ask, "how much does mommy and/or daddy love Ashley?" And she'll respond by raising her hands up high and we say "sooooo much". It's adorable!
Also now that I'm no longer breastfeeding, Matt has been helping with bedtime routine more often. Well, he has started this thing where after the bedtime routine, he pulls out her ladybug that lights up and projects stars and the moon all over the room. It's really cool. We also point to the moon and stars if we are outside at night. Anyway, last night I was reading Ashley a bedtime story that had the moon and stars in it. She pointed to the moon, then the stars, then up at the ceiling. She was able to put two and two together and knew that the moon and the stars in the book were the same kind that daddy would project up on her walls and ceiling. She's getting so smart.
I do a couple of baby sign language with her. Some people are really big into that. I'm not so much because I am pretty attuned and can basically tell what Ashley is wanting or needing most of the time. But I do some signs with food, such as "more", "all done" (which I made up my own sign for that one), eat, drink. She's been doing the "all done" for a little while, but yesterday she did the sign for "more" for the first time. She also makes this cute lip-smacking sound when I ask her if she's hungry or wants to eat.
Lastly, she got another tooth that came through within the past few days, and she's got a few others that are just ready to come through her gum line at any time now. She's such a good sport, if I didn't see it, I would never know she's teething.
That's all I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment