Monday, July 16, 2012

The latest

Just updating on the latest. Grandma left yesterday morning. She ended up staying an extra week after we got back to so we could spend some time with her, and also so she could help while we had appointments and errands to run. Below are some pictures we took together before she left.










Mom and I went up to the outlets to pick up a few new outfits for Emily. Given the timeframe, she will be able to wear all or most of Ashley's clothes, but we wanted her to have a few new things of her own as well. Since they are so close in age, a lot of the styles were still the same (or almost identical) to what we had for Ashley, so we didn't find a whole lot of new stuff. Above are a couple of pics.

While she was here, I also had the opportunity to go out to a few fabric stores. Since I had Ashley's bedding handmade by grandmom, I thought I may want to do Emily's room handmade as well (if grandmom was even up to it, or if I found someone if she wasn't). However, I went to 4 or 5 different fabric stores, and I really didn't see anything that I loved. I did find one, but Matt felt it was a little too "grown up" looking (which is was, but it was pretty). So I am thinking this time we are leaning toward getting an actual baby bedding set this time. But maybe if grandmom is still up for it, we can at least do other finishing touches homemade, such as the curtains and reupholster the glider/rocking chair. Matt and I both really like our friends Jen and Jim's set that they have for their daughter Emma. It's bold and bright/fun, which is a nice contrast to Ashley's which is pastels and more dainty.

Here is a link for the sneak peak. (We would just get the bumper, sheet, and crib skirt--no blanket or pillow sham). I was thinking of buying a few extra sheets to use to make matching valence for curtains and reupholster rocker with.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/paisley-pop-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-bedding

We also have started clearing out the guest room to start making room for the baby. It will be fun to get her room ready over the next weeks.

As far as Ashley goes, she seems to be going through a talking spurt. She was already doing very well, but she has been babbling/talking A LOT recently, as well as coming up with more words. Most words are pretty clear. She's even saying more 2 word sentences.

She continues to be so sweet and loving, always waving hi and bye, blowing kisses, giving hugs, etc. She just makes my heart smile!

Here are also a couple of pics of her....from when she and daddy were watching cartoons together the other morning, to her "helping us" empty out bookshelves to move to another room, to a couple randoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment