Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!

We went for our "big ultrasound" today. I was getting so excited for it. We went in and the ultrasound tech looked over everything--heart chambers, brain, bones, spinal cord, stomach, kidneys, etc. As she went through every part and told us that everything looked good, I thanked God each time.
Then she gave us the news. She told us that we were having a girl. We are so happy and excited. I was pretty shocked. When I was pregnant with Ashley, I had a feeling that I was having a girl the whole time. This time, for some reason I had the feeling I was carrying a boy--perhaps I was persuaded by Dr. Burton's opinion a little, and also this pregnancy has been different. Although the past couple of days, I did wonder if maybe we'd go in and have a "surprise" and be told it was a girl. We are thrilled though. It just makes it all seem more real knowing that there is a little girl growing inside me. And it will be so sweet to watch two little sisters playing together.

So I still don't know if it's 100% set in stone, but I am pretty sure we are going with Emily. I think we are still playing around with the middle name. We like the sentiment behind Denine, and combining two grandmothers names, but not sure if we like it...will keep you posted.




Here is a pic of Emily waving to her big sister Ashley!

Here are the pics of our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment