Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day and trip







Today is Father's Day. We had a nice day. I made Matt a special breakfast in bed. After he was done eating we joined him and showed him the gifts we made him. I spent a few hours putting together a video of different video clips of he and Ashley, with some cute daddy-daughter songs playing in the background. I also made him a new picture collage for work.
After breakfast we called/skyped with grandpa and grandpop to wish them a Happy Father's Day. After we relaxed a while, and then went to the store to pick up baby/child sized lacrosse and golf toys for Ashley. Daddy and Ashley had some fun playing together. Then daddy went out and had some well-deserved "daddy time" pampering with golf.  He sure is a great daddy. He is always doing fun activities with her on their daddy-daughter date days while I am at work. He is fun, loving, patient, etc. Great dad. Ashley and our baby are very lucky.

Yesterday I came back from a work trip. I left Thursday with some of my coworkers to go to Denver Colorado for a few days. It was my first big trip being away from Ashley. I was away one time before for my cousin Nicole's wedding, but it was only overnight and I was only a half hour away. This time I was miles and miles away. I was feeling a little nervous leaving. I felt guilty because we are leaving in less than two weeks for a whole week when we go to Mexico for a wedding/vacation, so we went from me never being away to twice in one month. Then the "what if she gets really sick or hurt, and I'm hours away (even in a plane)"and the "she's young and doesn't understand things yet, what if she worries I'm not coming back?" thoughts came in.  But I knew she was in great hands with her daddy. Plus the job of parents is to help their children grow to be independent so they can take care of themselves someday, so this was a good step.

And it turns out it was harder on me than it was her. She did great. I'm not surprised, we have raised a happy and well adjusted child. She's always been resilient in different situations, I figured she would be with this too. Plus she and daddy always have such a blast, how could she not?? Daddy really pampered her while I was gone. He took a day off from work, and we had one of her babysitters come the other day. On his day off, he took Ashley to music time at the library, to the Children's Museum, and to her first trip to a water park. Then another day he took her out to breakfast. So much fun! And Ashley even did great when she was with her sitter for the day.

My trip went well. It was very busy and hectic, but good. Thurs our flight was delayed which made us miss our layover, so they had to reroute us. We spent the whole day traveling/in the airport(s). We had gotten up at 4:15 am, and didn't get in until 7pm (which was really 9:00 pm our time). My coworkers went to a dinner that night, but I opted to get room service and go straight to bed. The next day was a full day at the Inpatient Treatment Center getting tours and sitting in lectures/training. That night we went out to eat and then called it a day. We didn't get to do much sight seeing with such long, exhausting days, but I did get to see some of the neighborhoods and areas when we got a tour of the different buildings, and our hotel was downtown in Denver Colorado so I got to see some of the city. It is a really cool area and I would love to visit again. The next morning we left for our journey back, and more airport adventures. Lol. Needless to say I was beat. It was exhausting for everyone, and being pregnant prob even more so for me. I had a nice trip, but was very happy to get back to my family. I missed Matt and Ashley a lot. When we were out to dinner I saw a couple with a baby Ashley's age, and it made me miss them.

I had (half) joked with Matt that for a gift, I'd love to get a hotel room for a night so that I could have some quiet time to myself to relax, have "me time", sleep in and get room service. With our busy schedule I didn't get much me time in the hotel since I came right in to sleep both nights, and didn't get to sleep in either....but I did enjoy the room service pampering and got to stay in a hotel :)  

When I came home Matt surprised me with having the whole house cleaned top to bottom, including mopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, the whole 9 yards. That was a VERY nice surprise to come home to!

P.s...yesterday was 17 weeks....I have a 17 month old baby, and am 17 weeks pregnant..haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment