Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Names

So we finally picked out the baby's name (I think)...Lol. As of now we have it, but will keep mulling over the names a little more.

We ended up deciding to pull names out of a hat. Whichever name got picked twice first won--but then we didn't stick with it. Haha.
For boys names, we put 4 names in a hat: Jacob, Landon, Jackson, and Cameron.
Jackson was picked twice first. Then Matt decided he really didn't like it that much. So I said I didn't really like Cameron that much, so we took that out too. So then we had Jacob and Landon in the hat, and Jacob was picked twice so we decided to go with that.
For the middle name, Matt didn't like the other middle names I had suggested in the past, so we went with Landon (which I liked more), and Cameron (which he likes more but I can live with). We put both in the hat, and Cameron was chosen twice first.
So...if the baby is a boy, his name will most likely be Jacob Cameron Shohen.

For girls names, we had it narrowed down to 2 names: Emily or Hannah. Hannah was picked twice first, but I (think) I like Emily more so Matt said we can just go with Emily. I'm going to give it a little more thought though.
For a middle name, we both had a special bond and relationship with our grandmothers--Matt wanted to use his grandmother Dena's name. I wanted to use my grandmother, Irene's name. So I suggested using a name that combines the two, so we came up with Denine (I think). The name itself isn't my favorite, but the sentiment behind it is really nice and really the only good combination we could think of.
So...if the baby is a girl, I think her name will be Emily Denine Shohen.

Will keep you posted if anything changes again. Lol.


3 comments:

  1. I love both names, but I'm a little partial to the girl name you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I don't know why that might be! :) You do have a nice name! Hope your new place is coming along. Can't wait to see more "after" pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great names! Emily told me about the post so I had to check! :) What about your Grandma's middle names or maiden names? I am proud of you guys for having names picked out! It took us way too long and I wish we would have thought of the name in a hat method!

    ReplyDelete