Tuesday, December 20, 2011

May be the last post of the year??

I figured I'd take a few minutes to write since it may be the last post for 2011. We are leaving for our great travel north in 3 days. Wish us luck! Ashley has been on a few long car rides, but this will be the longest. It will also be the first one we take since she has been on the move. She doesn't quite like being "contained" anymore now that she can crawl, "walk" while holding your hand, and climb.
Our first stop will be to NY. We are going to my mom's for a few days to celebrate with Aunt Cheryl and Aunt Kristyn. Grandpa is also coming from PA to stay nearby so he can see Ashley for her first Christmas. We will also be visiting with mommy's aunts, uncles and cousins, as well as some friends. Then we will go to Matt's parents for a couple days, then all of us will head to Philadelphia to stay while we visit both sides of the family. Oh, and I have a wedding that I'm in in the midst of all that...Phew, I'm tired already!!!
I am very excited about it being Ashley's first Christmas. I am excited to watch her reactions to things, and to see things through her eyes.

Couple quick updates. I am down to just one feeding as of today. Originally my goal was to be completely done by the time we went up for the holidays, but I spread things out too much. Plus, my friend Christi had said "you may want to keep the nighttime feeding a little longer". When she said that I was like "no, I'm ready to be done"...but now that Ashley has been weening off, and I know that my time is coming to an end, I'm not wanting to end the last one quite yet. The night time feeding is the one feeding where we still have a sweet bonding time, and often Ashley will fall asleep in my arms. Today I just watched her, and held her in my arms. She just looked so happy, secure and at peace. I realized how much I will truly miss that time, and how special it really is. It's funny, before I had her I was not too keen on the whole breastfeeding idea, and now here I am sad that it's coming to an end...Lol.

Ashley is just doing great. She is climbing on and up everything. She holds onto the furniture and walks around, she holds your hands and walks all around the house, and she has even mastered climbing up the stairs (always with an adult right behind her). Such a big girl!!! I am just so proud of her.

Last week I brought her to visit my old LPC supervisor, Dr. Burton and his wife Irene. Dr. Burton is one of the most intelligent people I know, and he's an excellent therapist. He and Irene were so impressed with how smart Ashley was. From birth everyone has said how alert and attentive she is. Dr. Burton could just see her processing new things as we played with her. He also thought she was so happy and well adjusted. It was nice to hear coming from him :)

Well, I guess that is it for now. Stay tuned.

If I don't get a chance to write before the end of the year, I just have to say that 2011 has been the best year of my life. I am so happy with my wonderful husband and daughter!!! I love them both so much, and I have treasured all of our great times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment