Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well, it's my favorite time of year again! I absolutely love Christmas. For me, it's not about the presents--first, there's the real meaning of Christmas, Jesus' birth. Then I love love love the lights, the music, the "magic" and excitement, Santa, the Christmas traditions and fun time with family. I am so excited to share all of this with Ashley this year.

We have already started our celebrations. When grandmom and grandpop were here, we went to visit Santa for the first time. I was actually surprised by Ashley's reaction. She is not a shy girl, and she usually will go to anyone happily. But she wasn't so sure about Santa. She didn't cry, but she looked like she was about to. Then she started to warm up to him, and became curious with him and his beard. She never seemed too thrilled though.
Grandmom and grandpop helped watch Ashley while I decorated. We saved the Christmas tree decorating just for our family though. Matt, Ashley and I played Christmas music and decorated the tree. Ashley loved the lights and the ornaments. We had to put the tree in the dining room this year. Ashley is in full force exploration mode, crawling and climbing up so I didn't want to put the temptation there. I can still see it from the couch, and we put lights on the mantle.
Along with santa's visit and decorating the tree, we also went with one of Matt's coworkers and her daughter to the Spartanburg tree lighting event. They have a big tree that they light up, vendors, shows and displays in different store windows. It was cold on the night we went, but lots of fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment