Sunday, November 17, 2013

Life these days...

Well I haven't been able to post pics because we are having issues with our hard drive/backing up pictures at the moment, but figured I'd at least do a quick update.

The girls are really just growing up and doing so much right before our eyes! Even Lisa (grandmom) has said how she notices so much more in just a weeks' time.

Ashley is talking so much more, using complete sentences, makes sense when she's talking (and totally makes sense of what you're saying). She is doing great with counting, number recognition, etc.

She has also been so much fun with her imagination and playing. She likes to pretend that I'm Cinderella and she's the fairy godmother, that I am a scary dragon who chases her around the house before she "locks the door", etc, etc.

She has also been very intuitive lately, picking up on moods or expressions. I'd like to say that I am calm and patient 24/7 (I really try hard to be as patient as I can), but if I have a moment of frustration, Ashley will notice and say "you not happy", or "you happy mama?". It's sweet, but I also don't want her worrying. I try explaining that sometimes we all feel happy, sometimes we all feel sad, sometimes we feel mad, etc...and that it's ok...and no matter how we're feeling, we still love each other. (I know, I totally sound like a therapist I'm sure..haha).

She is also already starting to notice/compare/ and "need" what others have (scary that it starts so young). For instance, she was looking through a catalog for Christmas gift ideas, and she saw a picture of a baby wearing a santa's outfit. Suddenly she needed to have that. So luckily I had bought a few Christmas dresses in different sizes for different ages a few years back at a consignment sale...so we proceeded to put on her "santa outfit", along with fall stockings that she picked out, then she "needed"a Santa's hat (we used her hat and mittens) along with her "movie star" sunglasses. It was so hysterical--I will be sure to post a pic soon!

She is also starting to skip naps sometimes. At first I thought it was because she was excited about afternoon plans, or about someone being over at the house, but now it's just hit or miss. There's about a 50/50% chance she sleeps. If she doesn't, there's also a 50/50% chance of grumpy behaviors to follow when she starts getting overtired. Either way, I still have her stay in her room for some quiet time. It's good for her and also for me :)

Emily is doing great. I can't believe she's about to turn one. We've been getting ready for her party, and having fun planning for it. She isn't walking yet (still wondering if she will be by her first party), but she is really getting around quickly--scaling the walls, walking all around the house, furniture, and she's even tried balancing on her own a little bit. It won't be long!

She also is talking more, using words and trying to talk, point and reach for things. She also started to use my phone to call dada. Haha.

She is also teething, getting a couple more on the top and also on the bottom. Fun fun I'm sure.

Emily is also finally starting to sleep a little later, and goes down very easy for bed. Also, she used to wake up crying and upset, and now she is starting to wake up happy and more pleasant which is nice.

She is absolutely loving being a "big girl"...she loves eating like a big girl, playing like a big girl, getting around like one, etc....although there are still moments when she just wants her mama and wants to be held and cuddled.

We are getting toward the end of our nursing too. She's at the real basics now, and I know my milk supply is slowing down too. Kinda sad to think that this is it. I may still stick with the night time nursing a little longer, since she still seems to like nursing (whereas Ashley was totally done and had no issues with giving it up). Emily still loves to be held, rocked, and LOVES to hold/play with my hair all the time. Haha.

Well that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment