Saturday, June 4, 2011

6/4/11--5 Months and New Firsts





















So today my baby girl is 5 months old!!! Time is just flying. It makes me sad to think that this is time I will never get back, it's so precious! It is such a fun time though.

Ashley has had a lot of new "firsts"...At the very bottom is an older picture from April when she took her very first plane ride at 3 months old.
Then she has been making new discoveries with toys...learning how to play on the toy piano, learning how to bounce on her own in the jumparoo, etc.

Just last night, Ashley finally rolled over from her back to her stomach (you can see the picture of how hard she'd been trying). Unfortunately, I missed it--she was in her crib to go night-night when she did it, I turned on the monitor picture screen and saw her flipped over. She did it twice.

Ashley also had her first trip to the zoo--she slept through most of it though.

She also has had some fun experiences--she went on her very first speed boat, and went swimming for the first time--the first time in the lake (Lake Hartwell), then the following weekend she went swimming in the pool twice. We didn't capture any pics, but it was fun. The water was still somewhat cool, but she didn't cry or scream. She started off somewhat indifferent to it, then started to enjoy it more and kicked and splashed some.

Ashley has also discovered her voice. She does this loud squealing sound. It's pretty comical.

The new "first" that I am most excited about is that Ashley said her first word...and guess what it was??? "Mama"!!! It was on May 19th. She said it a few times. It made my heart light up!! I still don't know if she makes the association with the word and me, although one time Matt was changing her diaper, and she looked straight at me and said it...so maybe?? Either way, I'll take it! :)

It's been an exciting journey. I love my baby girl so much!!!

P.s...I also threw in a picture of Ashley and daddy on his 30th birthday--his "first" birthday as a daddy, and also in a new decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment