Thursday, February 25, 2016

Very excited

So this is actually a follow up from my last post, The Land Between.

I'm feeling very excited. As I mentioned in the previous post, I had been feeling very discouraged, sad and angry. For a long time now, to be honest. After almost 3 years of trying, trying, trying and nothing, there's been a huge change in this past week.

First, there was the whole big God ah-ha moment over the weekend. I went on to watch the previous sermons in that series this week too and it really helped.

Then I had another big breakthrough. One of my friends, Rachel, told me about this mom's coffee/playdate group at a local nearby church. She started going and invited me to join. I had actually attended this group once when we first moved up here. At the time I was juggling and chasing after two little ones and couldn't really talk much, and the time actually interfered with Emily's nap schedule. So I never really got anything out of it, and totally forgot about it by the time we were past the morning nap routine.

Anyway, I've been going the last 3 weeks. The first week I met a couple people, the second week those people introduced me to a couple more people, and today I met some more. I have to say, I am so excited that I feel giddy. I FINALLY have met some of the nice people that I've been looking for and missing all this time. I've met more nice people in the last three weeks than I have met in the last (almost) three years here. The kind of people who are kind, friendly, uplifting, positive, etc. I already made some great connections. I even had a playdate with one of them and Rachel yesterday, and it was the type conversations I have desperately missed. I still have them with my best friends down south, and one or two up here... but with busy schedules it's hard to do regularly. So this is a nice thing to have in between the gap time with my best friends down there.

Still hate the weather and the ridiculous cost, but this is big. Thank you God for restoring my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment