Sunday, March 27, 2011

3/27/11, 11 1/2 weeks











Well the latest on Ashley...she just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! Every day is so much fun with her. She continues to "talk" even more now. She has a lot more movement and control of her hands and feet now. With her hands, she has a firm grip and swats at things. Sometimes she even swats her hands and arms while she's eating, and hits herself in the face--poor thing. I'm always telling her to be gentle with herself!
A lot of times we recline her in our laps (see second picture down for example)--well Ashley's new thing is to kick mommy or daddy. She finds it rather amusing when she kicks daddy's nose or face, or kicks me as I change her diaper. Lol. She has also discovered how to kick and splash in the bathtub. It makes a big mess, but it's so cute to watch her get excited. Lastly, when she plays on her playmat, she has figured out how to push up off of us to scoot herself across it.

Another new thing is her kisses. I am always loving on her and giving her lots of kisses. When I kiss her cheek, she opens her mouth wide and turns toward me like she is trying to "kiss" me back. So cute!

Ashley also has a bald spot on the back of her head from turning from side to side a lot. Not sure if she is trying to scratch an itch or just finds it fun, haha. She also tracks us from across the room. When we walk by, she will not just turn her eyes toward us, but moves her whole head to follow us.

Her smiles continue to just melt my heart. I am lovin' life as a mommy and wife! The other night Matt was changing her diaper up in her bedroom, and he was playing the song "Don't blink"--we just held Ashley and all slow danced together in her room. It was such a special moment for me, and the song was just a reminder to capture that moment (not that I need it, I don't take anything for granted since I know how blessed we are).










No comments:

Post a Comment