Friday, February 11, 2011

The past week














The past week has had it's ups and downs...Poor Ashley had a couple of rough days, where she was just soooo uncomfortable with gas. Sometimes she'll burp or toot with no problems, other times it seems to get stuck and she gets so uncomfortable and cries. I have gotten tips from the doctor, on call nurse, friends, family, etc. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help. I'm pretty sure it's not the foods I'm eating (I've cut out foods that cause gas for babies). I think it's that she eats so fast and gulps down her food and gets air bubbles--I can even hear them go down into her stomach when she's eating. I don't know if it's because she is so hungry and in a rush (kinda like her daddy), or the nurse said it could be that my milk comes in so well that it comes out fast which makes her have to eat/gulp fast. They suggested laying on my side or leaning back which I have done since. It helps sometimes. Again, it's hit or miss.

When she isn't gassy and uncomfortable, she continues to be such a sweet little girl! You know that she is so sweet and happy, and wants to be but is just uncomfortable at times.

Here are some pics from her good moments. Today the gas seems to be better, she has been full of smiles and coos. They just warm your heart and make it all worth it.

Also, Ashley has been loving bath time. She enjoys it so much and is always so happy when she's getting a bath. I even gave her a "spa experience", and had soothing music and gave her a massage while drying off...she seems to really like that too!


No comments:

Post a Comment